Sunday, October 25, 2009

2006 Montevina Amador County Barbera


2006 Montevina Amador County Barbera - $8 Amador County, California. California is not the area I look to for values, wines for $10 or under from California that are worth drinking are almost a myth. California is not the value producer it could and should be, but every so often the right combination of quality and low price do intersect for wines from Cali. This is the case for the '06 Amador County Barbera from Montevina. This is a value priced wine that is produced and bottled by Montevina and comes from a specific AVA (American Viticultural Area), Amador County, and most importantly tastes good. I think of Barbera in taste as a cross between pinot noir and sangiovese. The italian varietal is light bodied and crisp that has enough acidity to make my mouth water which makes me want to eat some food. This wine did exactly what I wanted it to, it was cheap, and it went well with my dinner. I highly recommend this value wine to accompany your dinner or munchietime. I got this wine from Costco. Check it out this light bodied red wine.

www.montevina.com

No comments: