Friday, September 11, 2009

2007 Trentatre Rosso

2007 Trentatre Rosso - Salento, Italy, I.G.T. $7 I think this wine might be a Trader Joe's special, I don't know but I just spent $2000 on skis and I don't have money to spend on the good vino. Lucky for me that wine can often accommodate the fiscally challenged if they are lucky. At this price range your guess is pretty much as good as mine (if not better) of getting a bottle that is not only drinkable, but actually good. This wine is a blend of equal parts Montepulciano, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot; one native Italian varietal and the two well known internationals. I aint got a clue who grew these grapes or made this wine but it was bottled by ICRF MI 6508, whatever that is. Anyway the wine is dark, full bodied, solid tannins, and surprisingly good, they could definitely charge double for this wine, it's a decent wine, I like it, it's worth a shot. I had it with roasted veggies, but you can have it any way you like, it is also good on it's own. Good tasting cheap wine is hard to find, at this price range I have been burned many times, but this is solid.

Sorry no picture but you can get this wine at Trader Joes, it shouldn't be hard to find.

2 comments:

Rebecca Gomez Farrell said...

Hello, I'm just letting you know I quoted your review yesterday of this wine on my blog.

The Unmanageable said...

Thanks. I just now saw this comment. I didn't think anyone has ever seen this blog. I haven't written anything for a long time, I was just doing it for shits and giggles, but I don't like the layout of the website so I stopped. But thanks for the shoutout. The wine bug got me, I moved to Napa Valley so I could learn more about wine. And ski big mountains in the Sierra in the winter time.