Sunday, May 31, 2009

2006 Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon


2006 Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon - Apalta vineyard, Colchagua Valley, Chile $20. This is the best Montes wine that I've had yet. It is a smooth rich cabernet, it is very well made. There are very few cabernets from California at this price point that pack the quality of this Chilean Cabernet. I definitely recommend this wine, it should be relatively easy to find, at wine shops, and grocery stores with better wine sections. Check it out


www.monteswines.com

2 comments:

sam klingberg said...

Absolutely a killer at under twenty! I reviewed this wine as well on my blog, have you any cabs as good for under twenty?

- Sam @thebrokewino

The Unmanageable said...

Holy shit dude. I didn't think anyone ever read this thing, I just did it for fun, I ain't written anything in a while. I'm a ski bum living and working in wine in Napa Valley so under $20 is unheard of around here, but I remember one I used to be big on. Try to find Zolo Reserve Cabernet, it's from Argentina, it's around $16. Also the '07 Montes Alpha was not good compared to the '06. And actually now that I think about it try this wine from our neighboring winery. Steltzner Vineyards Claret(mostly cabernet) from Napa $20, I've tried the '06 but I'm sure the '07 would be just as good if not better, it's one of the very best deals in Napa Valley.