Friday, May 29, 2009

2005 Rosemount The Show Reserve Mudgee Cabernet Sauvignon

2005 Rosemount The Show Reserve Mudgee Cabernet Sauvignon - $2, Mudgee, New South Wales, Australia. This wine generally sells for about $15, but occasionally grocery stores and retail stores will miss price a wine, drastically, and this is how I got this wine for $2. I have not had this best luck with Australian cabernets, but I think this is a decent bottle of wine. It is a bit lighter for cabernet but it still has enough tannins, and depth of fruit to be a decent cab. It's probably the best Australian cabernet that I've had, but I haven't had many. I recommend this wine, it's good but not great. It should be easy to find this wine, Rosemount wines are in most grocery stores. The Show Reserve wines are a bit harder to come by and be careful cause there are around 10 different "The Show Reserve" wines, they are made from different grapes and can come from different areas. The '05 vintage is probably hard to find because the vintage is old for the shelves. It's got a screw top and that's a good thing.

No comments: