Saturday, March 14, 2009

2006 Tormaresca Neprica


2006 Tormaresca Neprica - $10 Puglia, Italy IGT. Are you stuck in a wine rut? You can find yourself a good bottle of wine at a good price, but you find yourself drinking the same style of wine over and over. I'm the same way, sometimes I'll get stuck on California Cab's, Austrailian Shiraz, Cotes du Rhone blends, Argentinian Malbec, whatever it can get monotonous; sometimes I just find myself looking for something different. This wine is the cure for the common wine rut, it cheap, really good, and totally different. The Neprica is an unconventional blend of two native Italian varietals 40% Negroamaro, 30% Primitivo, and 30% Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine tastes like nothing I've ever had, the color is a deep crimson and dark purple; with aromas of coffee, smoke, and chocolate. The wine is dense, chewy, a touch of licorice, full bodied and soft. This wine is really interesting, and good. Most wine at this price point is not this good, and the ones that are aren't usually as interesting. I highly recommend checking out this estate wine value. This wine might be hard to find, I got it at Harris Teeter, but I've never seen it before, that being said it's a $10 bottle of wine so it shouldn't be that hard to find. If you can't find the '06 I heard that the '07 is just as good, maybe even better.

www.tormaresca.it

No comments: