Thursday, December 4, 2008

Weekly Wine Bulletin - California Chardonnay - ’06 Sequoia Grove Chardonnay Saturday, November 08, 2008


This week it's the first ever white wine (I think) on the weekly wine bulletin. This wine is the '06 Sequoia Grove Chardonnay approx. $27. The grapes come from Carneros and Napa Valley, it's 100% percent chardonnay. On the nose I get some pure good chardonnay smells coming through, sounds generic but that what it is, maybe a combination of peach and vanilla, maybe some plain yogurt smells. Definitely there as some apple smells coming through, green apples like granny smith, not red apples. It has a nice soft mouthfeel, and full bodied creamy texture for a white wine. The wine has been aged in French oak barrels so there is definitley some oak flavors coming through, but it's well done the oak complements the wine, it doesn't overpower it. The finish is persist and smooth. "Every sip I take is just delicious, it's tasty as fuck" - Ben Mackie Well Ben I couldn't agree with you more. I love this wine and I highly recommend it. You need to seek this out. I am definitely biased becaused Seqouia Grove is the reason I got into wine. I used to hang out at the winery and cause trouble. Seqouia Grove is the first bottle of high quality wine I ever had, and is the whole reason I work in the wine business. So try this out! I hope you like it.

Holla

No comments: