Friday, December 12, 2008

2006 El Quintanal from Spain $10


I'm in need of value so I'm looking to Spain for the goods. This 2006 El Quintanal from the Ribera del Duero region is 100% Tempranillo, a native Spanish varietal. There is not much of a nose to this wine but you can smell aromas of smoke and berries, no particular berries just generic berries. Medium light feel on the palate with some tannins that kick at the end. This is a simple wine, it would do better with food than it does on it's own as a sipper. I feel it's worth $10 bucks but the value isn't screamin. I've had better and I've had worse for $10. I would only buy it again if I was sticking to a strict $10 maximum price rule. It's ok, not bad, not real good.

p.s. the wrong vintage is on the label pictured but the label is otherwise the same as '06

No comments: