Sunday, January 4, 2009

2006 Nick Goldschmidt Boulder Bank Pinot Noir $13 New Zealand

Nick Goldschmidt Boulder Bank Pinot Noir $13 - Marlborough, New Zealand. This wine like most pinot noir's is a very light cherry colored. The nose has delicate aromas of dark cherries and a hint of strawberries (dark fully ripe strawberries). A soft smooth mouthfeel gives way to mild tannins with a finish that lingers quiet nicely. I definitely like this wine and I'm impressed by the quality of this wine especially considering it's cost. I find most pinot noir's in the $10 - $20 price range are just plain disappointing and generally taste like cough syrup. This wine tastes like a nice pinot and I'm impressed, if this wine was from California or Oregon it would probably be $10 - $20 more. If you like pinot noir check out this wine, I'm not sure how easy it is to find this wine but I got this one at World Market.

No comments: